Speciality: Endocrinology & Obstetric Medicine
Dr Shantha Joseph completed her advanced training in Endocrinology and fellowship in Obstetric Medicine at Flinders Medical Centre in 2012.
She works as a staff specialist Endocrinologist and Obstetric Physician in the Southern Adelaide Diabetes and Endocrine Services at Flinders Medical Centre and Noarlunga. She also works in the Flinders Private Hospital offering Endocrine and Obstetric medicine consulting services.
In addition to her clinical work, she is involved in teaching and mentoring medical students and advanced trainees and is a Lecturer in the School of Medicine, Flinders University. She consults on a wide range of endocrine, obstetric medical and diabetes related disorders.
In her spare time she loves to cook and craft and enjoys doing outdoor activities like gardening, cycling or going on walks with her lovely husband and 2 children.
Areas of interest
· Diabetes management
- Type 1 diabetes
- Insulin pump therapy
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Osteoporosis-male and female
- Metabolic bone disease including Paget’s disease
· Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
· Thyroid disorders including thyroid cancer
· Pituitary disorders
· Adrenal disorders
· Obstetric medicine
- Diabetes – pre-gestational and gestational
- Hypertensive disease in pregnancy
- Prothrombotic disorders
- Medical disorders in pregnancy
· Pre-conception medical review
- Optimisation of medical care prior to pregnancy in medical disorders such as Type 1 and 2 diabetes
Memberships of professional organisations
· The Adelaide Clinical Endocrinology Society- ACES
· Endocrine Society of Australia-ESA
· Society of Obstetric Medicine of Australia and New Zealand- SOMANZ
· Australasian Diabetes in Pregnancy Society -ADIPS
· Australian Diabetes Society- ADS
· Royal Australasian College of Physicians-RACP