Speciality: General Medicine
Dr. Chathurinie Aluthwala is a consultant physician currently engaged in private practice in general medicine in Adelaide.
Dr. Aluthwala completed her medical degree in Sri Lanka and migrated to Australia in 1998. Since then she has worked in teaching hospitals in Gosford, Newcastle and South Australia while training to be a physician. She has also travelled to Queensland and rural South Australia and Western Australia and rural New South Wales for locum practices in the field of general medicine as Physician.
Currently, she is practicing as a private physician in a few private hospitals. In addition to inpatient and outpatient consulting, she also providesa perioperative medicine service to medically complicated surgical patients.
Her special interests are the following, but her scope of practice is not limited to them:
• Undifferentiated undiagnosed medical problems for diagnosis
• Multiple medical problems in one patient
• Cardiorenal syndrome
• Cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, atrial fibrillation, chronic ischemic heart disease and resistant hypertension.
• Renal failure and associated complications for medical management.
• Metabolic syndrome
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome
• Endocrine diseases such as Diabetes Mellitus and Osteoporosis thyroid and parathyroid problems.
• Perioperative optimization of patients with medical problems.
• Polypharmacy for rationalizing medications.
• Respiratory and Rheumatology problems
• Primary and secondary prevention of metabolic syndrome related complications.